Sunday, October 07, 2007

It's interesting to see the bosses sweating once in a while.

It was yet another typical thursday at work (people here goes shopping on Thursdays and stay at home during the weekends. Go figure.). I got to work half an hour early and saw all the managers sitting in the office in a huddle.

Figuring that it was some weird team talk, I just prepared for work and clocked on.

"Hey. The area manager is coming over." was the first sentence my boss told me the moment I reported for work.

Ah ha.

After the area manager utter destroyed another stall a little under half an hour drive away, I was not surprised to see my boss, along with others, looking as if an exam to testify their existance has suddenly popped up.

However, being on of the cooler places in Brisbane, I can still say we were pretty much prepared for anything. It's not as if everyone was slacking off and eating ice cream while nothing is filled. All everything needs to be done is to be fully stocked and everything looking pretty good when they arrived.

Before long, the area managers arrived. You can tell that they are the ones everyone were referring to simply because most, if not all, of us peons are people my age, while managers are usually the people who are older (save for the meat section. There are some weirdos there). Detecting the manager simply took my memory skill of remembering all the managers' faces and realising that the new guy was not in.

Interestingly, he was holding a folder and a pen. Ticking off things, maybe?

As my area was pretty close to the deli/seafood section, I spied out of the corner of my eye as I pretended to be busy of him talking to the manager and the deli 2-IC.

Turns out later that he was not happy with how the seafood was presented.

Oh well.

And that's not all. During my break (which came shortly), the guys from Long-life (everything else in the stall that does not need to be kept in the fridge, like can food and stuff), did not look happy at all. Seems like one of their things were not presented as well as the area manager liked.

All in all, the stall had few flaws, but it was not as bad as the world coming to an end for us.

But, I really do feel for the managers, as moronic as they are sometimes.

Everyone here is just trying to make ends meet. I really don't think there is a need to really crush the managers, or anyone, for that matter, when it comes to things. To see the seafood and long-life manager totally deflated the next few days was not nice at all. While every shop should be run to the top perfection, I think the managers should be allowed to be given a free rein when it comes to what they want to do. Being told off is something no one likes and is necessary at times, but when everyone is working so hard, a telling off just because things aren't the way one likes it is not the way to go.

Then again, my company doesn't do very well in the morale department. So nyaa.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home